Today's exercise is Values + Values in Action = Personal Mission Statement. It is a (1) concise representation of what's most important to you, (2) what you desire to focus on, (3)what you want to achieve and ultimately (4) who you want to become. I debated with myself about putting my Personal Mission Statement on here but this is meant to be a fluid document, changing as your life changes. It is where I am now and how I envision my life to be. I may have some experience in the next 6 months that leads me to revise this in a different direction but this is what it is now. So here we go.
- I value travel and adventure and will take steps to ensure that these things feature in my life regularly. I will budget and plan for quarterly (at least) international travel and monthly local adventures.
- Marriage and children are important to me so I will stop makes excuses and accept more dates. I will review what my requirements are (ex. college educated) and use them to screen out undesirables.
- Financial security/stability is essential for my well being and key to achieving my goals so I will make time monthly for a financial review based on the budget I sit down and do annually (possibly bi-annually). Carrying debt (besides a mortgage & student loan) is unacceptable, I commit to not doing that.
- I will make my spiritual walk a daily thing, I will schedule time for bible study and prayer until it becomes a habit that needs no reminder.
- BAL - be always learning. Even if I am not in school I will have a goal to read at least one non-fiction book on the environment and climate change and/or sustainability and economics. I will connect with others who share similar interests in these subjects so I can discuss with them.
- My goal for healthy living is to eat less processed foods, working out daily, again schedule it in your day and taking all needed vitamins including herbal remedies.
- On being of service and helping others, I will seek out monthly volunteer opportunities again putting it on my schedule so my month doesn't end without helping someone, somewhere.
- In earth stewardship, reduce your organic waste by composting, recycle & reuse items where possible. Fanaticism is not necessary.
Lady LittleFoot

I love your mission statement. It has given me some incite on how to go about writing my statement. Thank you!
ReplyDelete