19 July 2012

31 Day Reset - Day 17: 100 Things That Make You Happy.

I embarked on Day 17 of the reset with excitement and vigor. I was all caught up and on the corresponding day of the month. I lay in bed and started the list and got up to #27 and keep to an abrupt halt! So abrupt and disconcerting was this stop I had to head over to Twitter and leave a message [
Who knew writing down a 100 things that make me happy would be so difficult. ]. The good news is, I am not the only one having these difficulties. JW2 also tweeted about his difficulty and later on posted on his blog, From Jay to Z where he made it up to 75 before pausing. I was eager to continue on so I read his blog and was inspired to keep going and then I slowed down again at #67 (what's with the 7s?) then I recalled that Rosetta had her list of 100 things too, so I took a look at that and was off again. I am not by any means completed with the list but I decided to move forward with the reset and just keep adding the the list as things occurred to me. I decided that Lizzy was not going to take up residence again after I'd giving her the boot, Marine Corps style. My list started off very generic but got more detailed as I went on and one word was not enough to describe the things that make me smile and bring happiness and joy to my life.



100 Things That Make Me Happy 

  1. singing 
  2. dancing 
  3. cooking 
  4. reading 
  5. quiet time 
  6. hiking 
  7. being fit 
  8. playing in warm summer rain 
  9. running in the woods (me the music & nature) 
  10. a well made meal to savor
  11. spending quality time with dear friends
  12. hosting small dinner parties
  13. long slow kisses
  14. sunrises
  15. sunsets
  16. the sky after a rain storm
  17. cuddling under the covers during a thunder storm
  18. harassing my brother (well just bothering him really)
  19. playing with my nephew and God children
  20. baking & decorating sugar cookies with the above
  21. pretty painted toes
  22. a soft summer night and a good glass of wine 
  23. sitting on the beach in San Diego watching the sun on the water
  24. hiking Torrey Pines in SD watching the waves crash on the shore
  25. the smell of rain on dry ground
  26. the sound of wind in the trees
  27. talking to God and hearing his answers 
  28. guy wednesdays on HGTV
  29. guys that fix stuff
  30. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
  31. singing karaoke
  32. singing Bohemian Rhapsody at karaoke with friends
  33. BONES (tv show)
  34. Arnold Palmers (iced tea & lemonade)
  35. ginger lemonade
  36. caprese salad
  37. fudge brownies with nuts
  38. Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk
  39. affogato
  40. gelato
  41. Capt Picard, Jean Luc (Star Trek: TNG)
  42. speacial someone playing in my hair
  43. hours long flirtation followed by long slow kisses 
  44. a cold rainy day under the covers with hot cocoa
  45. tea, especially hot
  46. mangoes
  47. dirty martini w/ extra olives & little ice crystals after a long day
  48. malacca (red cachews)
  49. South American cherries
  50. a great smile like The Rocks' (Dwayne Johnson)
  51. my Yummy Goodness Pinterest board
  52. movies w/ explosions, gun fights & hot guys ala Fast Five
  53. The Hobbit, LOTR & all things Middle Earth in general
  54. coconut water with the jelly (pulp)
  55. cooking with my Mom (& learning her secrets)
  56. getting caught in warm summer rain (dang I think I repeated this one)
  57. holding hands
  58. walking barefoot in soft grass
  59. a satisfying ending to a good book
  60. hugs from munchkins (kids)
  61. hugs from a well formed man
  62. walking arm in arm with a good girlfriend
  63. traveling
  64. cooking a dish perfectly
  65. dancing 'til I sweat through my clothes & my hair comes down
  66. my curls falling perfectly w/ no frizz
  67. twinkly eyes and engaging smile
  68. sandalwood, neroli and scents like these
  69. Barcelona
  70. San Diego
  71. Paris
  72. soft scrambled eggs
  73. whole wheat spice pancakes
  74. crepes 
  75. Sade
  76. Adele
  77. Emelie Sand
  78. female singers w/ raw power & emotion in their voice
  79. Google and all its power :-D 
  80. Gambos ala plancha on the beach in Barcelona (see above picture)
So this is where I am as of today (19 Jul 2012). I will keep adding to the list but for now I will move forward  with the 31 Day Reset.

Lady Littlefoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep your comments clean and on topic and they will show up in the thread. Otherwise they will be eaten by the Bad Comment Fairy :-)

Lady LittleFoot