02 August 2012

31 Day Reset - Day 29: Make a Bucket List

Yippee, something fun to do! (Besides ogling the men swimming and tumbling in the XXX Olympiads)



The title is explanation enough. Make a list of all the things you ever want to do before you die. I thought, how easy is that. This will be done in no time flat. I did not expect to be surprised by my list, but at number 5 I was dumbfounded, because anyone who know me know I hate the cold. As a child of the tropics, I prefer a temperate to warm environment that does not require me to be wrapped up like an Eskimo.

Get an advanced degree (in science - kinda saw this one coming over the last few months)
Get married - no surprise there
Have a few kids, at least a boy & girl - again no surprise
Visit 6 of 7 continents. - Hello have we met?
Touch a glacier - Fall out of my chair surprised at this one!
Swim with sea creatures, dolphins/sharks (I don't like open water & depths I can't touch)
Ride a camel with a Bedouin
Learn another language or two, Spanish & French, maybe Arabic
Learn to swim or rather overcome my fear of the deep
Learn to ride a bike (there is a story behind this deficiency)
Run a triathlon (hence the need for swimming & biking)
Run a marathon
See the northern lights
See the southern lights
Take a round the world trip (preferably with my hubby or w/ hubby & kids)
Own a boat or at least live on one for a little while (where do I come up with this stuff?)
Rock climb (I'm not fond of heights)
Sky dive (hello heights again)
My long shot - see the earth from space
Publish a work of science (climate change, sustainability, environmental science etc.)

Have you made a list like this and surprised yourself? What did you discover about yourself while making the list? For me there were plenty of surprises and I discovered that there are hidden dreams lurking in the depths of my heart. And that alone was worth this whole month long journey!

Thank you Rosetta!

Lady Littlefoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep your comments clean and on topic and they will show up in the thread. Otherwise they will be eaten by the Bad Comment Fairy :-)

Lady LittleFoot